31 January 2014

Royal Botanic Runway 2014

On the 30th of January, I had walked for an hour in 40 degree heat wearing all black attire around the Botanic Gardens (a massive national park in Melbourne) so I could help out with the Royal Botanic Gardens Runway was that occurring that evening.
This was the first year running for the show, and it was designed to help support and be a fundraising event to help maintain the nurturing and preservation of the gardens for future years to come-as well as show off four of the world's finest designers (Akira Isogawa, Martin Grant, Aurelio Costarella and Collette Dinnigan). Basically it was a gathering for audiences who were passinoate about the environment, fashion ,arts and philanthropy. Helping out backstage was an incredible honour (to be picked out of over 100 applicants, I was told.), I got to meet many beautiful models and of course Akira Isogawa himself! (He was the sole reason I took the chance to help out, actually.) I spent a good five hours prior to the show just fawning over the garments from the designer's F/W 2014 collection and running around trying to get make-up and hair done. I think the highlight of being there was that I was able to meet many people- mainly important people in the industry who would become my connections and help me out within my career path. I was able to meet one of my heroes, Akira, who was overall exactly what people make of him- modest, humble, understanding and kind. I felt like his collection (without being bias) really reflected nature. I was lucky enough to be spending the afternoon talking to him and the floral designer Wona Bae, who decided to give me one of the headpieces to take home since I was so devotedly hovering over his collection. (I would only dress models wearing his pieces LMAO.)
There's so much I want to say and fawn over but I still can't grasp the feeling that I actually got to meet such amazing people, I'm sitting on the floor eating ice-cream at 10 in the morning trying to piece together exactly what happened yesterday because it was such a blur. All I can really say is that I have never felt so honoured and blessed to be in the position I am today.
Also to people online and offline have been really supportive of me in the path I'm working towards, thankyou so much for your kindness and love. I appreciate it so much ♡
The headpiece I was given ;w;
I suppose you can make up your own mind about the picture since I'm a bit lazy to talk through them and one picture can say a thousand words!



















I might upload more pictures soon but there's so much going on at the moment that I'm actually shaking irl trying to get things done. As you can tell I literally stuck by Akira's models all day glsifhkgs,iekjh,sk
 I've suddenly been thrown into the outside ring of the industry and emailing lots of people… this must be what it feels like...
And Happy Lunar New Year 2014 too!

2/2/14 Update: Finally got around to looking over at some of pictures I took from the show, I'm really…. really pleased! Even though I was staff and it was strictly ticket-entry only, I was able to get some really nice (and sneaky) shots. Enjoy.